In 1854, St. John's Mercy Convent was built and completed at the expense of our generous benefactor, John Mulchinock of Clogher's House, Tralee.
The western wing of the convent was converted into a school for junior and senior pupils of the locality.
In 1890, near the Convent, a two storey school to which his nephew, Edward, largely contributed was built and the pupils were transferred to it.
John Mulchinock died in 1863 and was buried in the Chantry of the Convent Chapel. His nephew Edward's remains were later interred in the same grave as his revered uncle.
During our Provisional Government further rooms were added.
Again in 1928 more class-rooms were built. Numbers increased and in 1958 the old school was reconstructed and our large modern building, including an assembly hall, stage and dressing rooms was built.
In 1985 Semi-Permanent buildings were added, complete with playgrounds.The class for pupils with Autism was opened in September 2000